Dr. Jithan is an experienced academician and researcher with the qualifications of B.Pharm, M.Pharm, and PhD. He has total experience of 18 years after completing PhD in 2002 from University of Nebraska Medical Center, USA. He has research experience in the areas of drug delivery, nanotechnology, exploratory pharmaceutics, differentiated pharmaceutical products and generic pharmaceutical products. Dr. Jithan taught M.Pharm students in the specialization of pharmaceutics for a period of more than 14 years. He also trained B. Pharm and PharmD students in relevant to medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, pharmaceutics, biostatistics and pharmaceutical manufacture subjects. He guided more than 100 students towards their M.Pharm, 2 students completed PhD under his guidance and 2 students are ready to submit PhD thesis. Dr. Jithan published 80 research manuscripts in reputed and cited journals, 3 book chapters and 4 books with international publishers. He has 5 patent applications to his credit. He completed two research grants from Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and three research grants from Pharm Industries which include Novartis Inc. USA, Srisai Industries, Tennessee Hospitals. Have certificate degrees in clinical subjects which include PDCR and ACCR. He worked in various capacities in academics which include Professor, Deputy Director, and Principal. He worked in Pharmaceutical R & D departments in Pharm Industry in India and USA as a scientist as well as a manager. He recently completed 2 years of sabbatical positions in Pharm Industry gaining experience in R & D involving generic products and differentiated products and also in pharma manufacture.
Honors and Awards:
- Outstanding Reviewer, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, An Elsevier Publication (Impact Factor 4.5) 2012-2014
- Best Poster Selected for Oral Presentation, Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 2011, Title: Kupffer Cell Targeted Therapeutics To Treat Liver Fibrosis
- Name Included in Marquis Whos Who, 2012 for promoting Education
- Name Included in Marquis Whos Who in the world, 2015, 2016
- Marquis Whos Who in the World, Life time Achievement Award winner, 2018
- NIH Research Assistant, University of Nebraska, USA, 2000-2001.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists2000 Graduate Symposium Award in Drug Delivery and Pharmaceutical Technologies (PDD/PT), sponsored by The Procter & Gamble Company for excellence in graduate research.
- Recipient of University of Nebraska Medical Center Graduate Fellowship (1999-2002)
- Junior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission, India (1994-1996).
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship from Government of India (1987-1990).