Dr. Jithan is an experienced academician and formulation scientist (Total experience: more than 20 years; Industrial experience: more than 5 years; academic experience: more than 15 years) with the qualifications of B.Pharm, M.Pharm, PhD. He has a research experience in the field of conventional and novel drug delivery systems. Dr. Jithan taught M.Pharm students in the specialization of pharmaceutics for a period of more than 10 years.. He also trained B. Pharm and PharmD students in relevant to pharmaceutics subjects. He guided more than 35 students towards their M.Pharm and 5 students to complete their PhD theses. Dr. Jithan published 63 research manuscripts in reputed and cited journals, 3 book chapters and 4 books with international publishers. He has 5 patent applications to his credit. He also completed two research grants from Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Dr. Jithan has significant experience in developing differentiated products in academic set up and some (~ 3 years) experience in industrial set up. He has one year experience in exploratory pharmaceutics area in a New Drug Discovery Department in a reputed pharma company. Dr. Jithan has more than two years of experience in generic product development in industry especially focusing on parenteral sustained release dosage forms. Have certificate degrees in clinical subjects which include PDCR and ACCR. Many of the students he guided for M.Pharm and PhD are either in reputed industries in leading positions or in good positions in reputed colleges.
Honors and Awards:
- Grant Reviewer, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, 2015.
- Outstanding Reviewer, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, An Elsevier Publication (Impact Factor 4.5) 2012-2014.
- Best Poster Selected in Technosmania, 2013 Hyderabad, Title: Development of Novel Parenteral Sustained Release Dosage Forms for Risperidone
- Best Poster Selected for Oral Presentation, Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, 2011, Title: Kupffer Cell Targeted Therapeutics To Treat Liver Fibrosis
- Name Included in Marquis Whos Who, 2012 for promoting Education
- Name Included in Marquis Whos Who in the world, 2015, 2016
- Marquis Whos Who in the World, Life time Achievement Award winner, 2018.
- IInd Best Poster Prize, APTI Annual Convention, 2010, Hyderabad for the poster entitled, “Development of Ropinirole Transdermal Films: In Vitro and Ex Vivo Characterization”.
- Special Recognition Award2002, For Outstanding Contribution to the PKC 412 Ointment Project, Sponsored by Novartis Ophthalmics, Duluth, GA, USA.
- NIH Research Assistant, University of Nebraska, USA, 2000-2001.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists2000 Graduate Symposium Award in Drug Delivery and Pharmaceutical Technologies (PDD/PT), sponsored by The Procter & Gamble Company for excellence in graduate research.
- Recipient of University of Nebraska Medical Center Graduate Fellowship (19992002).
- Recipient of Two Gold Medals for Academic Excellence, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam (1997).
- Junior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission, India (19941996).
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship from Government of India (19871990).